Tuesday, January 30, 2007

24/7 We Hustle

Last night I decide to go over to the ritzy part of town to take advantage of their 24 hour Starbucks to study but ended up spending $15 for a coffee and 3 hours of interweb. I wasn't used to going to Starbucks so I didn't know the official lingo or what actually tastes good. I am used to drinking gas station coffee so after the 40 minutes deciding whether I wanted tall or grande, 2 shots or 1, I ended up with a concoction I have no idea what it was called.

Photo taken by: ME

After 3 hours of uneventful reading I realized this was the perfect study spot for all the wrong reasons. THE PLACE WAS BORING! Jesus Christ I felt like I was in an episode of the twilight zone filled with androgynous men and Barbie doll women. The only other black person in the spot was a homeless dude who came in to buy something.

Sidetracked: What's a homeless person doing spending hard earned pan handle money buying coffee in Starbucks? I am really pissed about that. I expect you to buy 2 dollar 40 oz, maybe some crack, and a bread sandwich. Either you are a dancing drunk hobo, or a Crazy shanky hobo. There is no room for uptown chic hobo, gimme back my bread!

No minorities or weird people for miles, you know the weird people we love to hate because we can go home and tell our friends how you saw a man who tried to sell you a koolaid packet. So you need to get stuff done in a public place, hit up Starbucks in a rich neighborhood near you.


This was my test post

No comments: